Money Saving Tips for Your Smokies Wedding
- Ask for a group discount at your hotel/resort.
- Schedule the wedding off-season. November through April are less popular for weddings and can save you big bucks with vendors.
- Consider a Friday night or a Sunday wedding. You can get discounts on venues, florists and more by choosing one of these days.
- Decrease your guest list. A small intimate wedding may sound romantic and could keep you from busting the budget.
- Choose an all-inclusive venue. If places already get discounts from their vendors it could shave quite a bit off your bill.
- Negotiate. Some vendors will stay firm on their price, but it never hurts to ask!
- Cut down the size of your cake. Consider a smaller wedding cake for cutting and have the guests served from sheet cakes in the back.
- Printing can get pricey, so instead of including a map in each invitation, encourage guests to go to your website for directions.
- Put together a playlist of your favorite tunes on your iPod to play at the reception instead of hiring a DJ.
- Choose in-season flowers. Your blooms will still be beautiful and you'll have more money to spend on the honeymoon!
Further Smokies Wedding Resources
- The Do's and Don'ts of a Smoky Mountain Destination Wedding
- Choosing the Right Venue for Your Wedding
Smoky Mountain Wedding Seasons
< Return to the Smoky Mountain Weddings main page
Things To Do
- Outdoor Adventures
- Hiking & Waterfalls
- ATV, Jeep Tours & Rentals
- Backcountry Camping
- Cades Cove
- Disc Golf
- Fall Colors
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Sports
- Zip Lines
- Family Fun
- Arts & Crafts
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries