Pet-Friendly Cabins in the Smokies
You can take your pet with you to the Smokies!
Anyone who has ever taken a pet on vacation knows the importance of finding appropriate lodgings at their destination. Thankfully, there are plenty of options for pet-friendly Smoky Mountain lodging during your Smokies Adventure!
Before you hit the road with your animal companions, however, there are a few important tips to remember concerning vacationing with pets.
- Be sure and locate pet-friendly accommodations before you begin your trip. Not every hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, or cabin will allow pets to stay there.
- If possible, it is always best to travel by automobile. If you can keep your pet in a confined space with you, rather than in a crate in a pet compartment, they will feel more secure. Plus, you'll have more freedom to make necessary stops for relief and fresh air.
- Be aware of any special rules where you are going regarding pets, such as weight restrictions or limitations on what type of animals will be welcome.
- Always be respectful of your fellow vacationers. Regardless of any special rules, pets should be as invisible and as quiet as possible to ensure an enjoyable vacation experience for those around you.
- Know your pet's likes and dislikes. For example, if your pet has difficulty adjusting to new spaces and situations, you may want to consider leaving them at home. Also, you may have to leave your pet alone at various times, since not all tourist spots allow their presence. Consider carefully whether your pet can stand being on its own for a little while.
- Keep everything as clean as you would in your own home. Don't allow pets on the furniture or allow them inside with wet, muddy paws.
- Try to vacation close to home. No matter what mode of transportation you choose, travelling will be easier on the entire family if your destination is only a few hours away. Your pet will be less stressed as well.
Smokies Adventure.com features an extensive list of pet-friendly cabins in the Smoky Mountains. We can also provide you with information on pet-friendly hiking trails in the Smokies. Check out our listings and find the perfect accommodations for you and your pet today!